Happy 4th of July! Happy birthday, America! We hope you're enjoying this patriotic weekend, getting in some good family time and grilled meats. We're making ribs! What are y'all having?
On to the links!
Links from Indiana:
- Anna from In Honor of Design has some of the most stylish, effortless maternity style I've ever seen. Also how adorable is this 'gram of hers? It's caused me to put this cheap waterproof iPhone case in my Amazon shopping cart but I just can't trust it enough to pull the trigger on the purchase! I mean, it looks like a sandwich bag!
- Mystery solved: Why Are The Best Competitive Eaters So Skinny? (via Mental Floss)
- I'm seriously considering attending The Influence Conference in September but my roommate of choice won't be able to make it due to being due around that time. Decisions, decisions...
Links from Chris:
- Interesting read: This guy gave up being in The Backstreet Boys and 'NSync for ministry
- Video that made me laugh but ultimately really got me thinking: Mr. Thompson and the Vicar Invent Children's Church
- I'm in the thick of this site today as I'm smoking ribs for a 4th of July party tonight.
MJ&DJ Weekly Wrap-Up:
- Ten Products We Both Use
- Episode 05 / Friender & #Squadgoals: our friendship episode
- What I Wish I'd Known (before motherhood) by Indiana for Camp Patton
Adams Family Updates:
- Caroline is crazy scared of thunder these days, so we have a little bit of trepidation at taking her to a fireworks show tonight. We've been prepping her with Youtube videos of fireworks, so we're hoping that she'll enjoy the fireworks so much that she'll be okay with the BOOMS! Any tips for helping her to get over her thunder fear?
- This week in home improvement news: (1) we have purchased a swing bed for our screened porch, made by the sweetest retired couple here in Atlanta. We cannot wait to hang it! We're now in the market for a twin sized mattress for it (maybe Casper?) as this will be a much coveted nap spot. (2) We bought a gallon of Hale Navy paint by Benjamin Moore to re-do our teal dining room, so after the kids are in bed tonight, that's what we'll be doing. (3) Sadly the couch set we blogged about last week has to be sent back thanks to a manufacturing defect. We're not considering a set from Cococohome. We are kicking ourselves for not just ordering from them in the first place.