We are gearing up for vacation. We will try really hard over the next few days to get content queued up for the blog while we're gone, but we plan to be very quiet on social media while we're away. If one of us is eaten by a shark or falls into a volcano, you may not hear about it right away, okay?
Links from Indiana:
- I'm always late. Is this why? Article: Optimistic People All Have One Thing in Common: They're Always Late (via Elite Daily)
- I want a driftwood coffee table and am kicking myself for not being faster on the Craigslist when one popped up. Why are they so expensive? It's just a stump from the sea and a piece of glass, right? [Crate and Barrel and Wayfair]
- I'm going to do My Friend Court's Intro to Acrylic Painting Class online. Anyone else want to join me in a couple weeks? It's $20 and I figure I can at least learn how to make cute art for my house.
Links from Chris:
- Did you know you can eat a package of Oreos every day for two months and meet your caloric needs and never repeat a flavor? MIND BLOWN. Read: Why Oreos might As well exist in their own cookie stratosphere (via The Washington Post).
- Twinkies are back and making people rich (via The Washington Post).
- Dune is probably the best sci-fi novel of the last 50 years. Too bad the movie was terrible. But actually "the great Dune film did get made. Its name is Star Wars". (via The Guardian).
MJ&DJ weekly wrap-up:
- Vacation Essentials: What Indiana is packing for St. Lucia
- Indiana misses Austin, and she likes cacti.
- Episode 06: Parenting Rules vs. Parenting RULES! Our episode on rules.
- Our Marshmallow Experiment: maybe our favorite blog post / video to date!
- We have seven written reviews by seven rad people on iTunes and we are so thankful! We'll read some of those on the next show.
Adams Family Updates:
- #HomeSweetAdams news: (1) We started to paint our dining room last weekend and discovered wall paper underneath. After a thorough (but small) freak out, we are back on track. We painted the dining room Benjamin Moore's Hale Navy until the early hours of this morning, but have another coat to do, still. (2) We finally agreed on a leather for our new couch and chair! We'll profile Cococohome soon, too. Our couch will take about 40 days to make and then another 2-3 weeks to ship, but we can't wait to show it to you once it's hear. And invite you over to sit on it if you live nearby.
- Jude is doing Classical Conversations in the fall and we will spend the next week in training learning how to best facilitate his education!