We discuss the illusive, fickle thing called sleep. We chat about how much we currently sleep versus how much we want to sleep versus how much we need to sleep, and Indiana shares some of her parasomnia experiences.
THIS EPISODE AT A GLANCE:
HOURS OF SLEEP PER NIGHT: WANT VS. REALITY
- If you want to sleep at your desk at work, you need this pillow. Really!
- Jude's clock and Caroline's clock has helped to train them to stay in bed until it's time to get up.
- 10 Signs You May Be Sleep Deprived (via HowStuffWorks)
- Relevant-ish: Mountain Dew Melts Mice (via The Smoking Gun)
- Six Reasons Why You Need Eight Hours of Sleep (via Prevention)
- The Sleepless Elite: 19 Successful People Who Barely Sleep (via Business Insider)
- Obama cuts in line at Franklin BBQ (via NY Post)
- Nikola Tesla Fell in Love with a Pigeon (via HuffPo)
- Randy Gardner, age 16, stayed awake for 11 days (wiki)
- This dude stays awake for 11 days, too (youtube)
- What does a Polysomnographic Technologist do? (wiki)
- Why We Dream (via mental_floss)
- Night Eating Syndrome and Sleep Walking is totally a thing (via HealthGuidance.org)
- Friends mentioned: Sully, Nicole & Dago, Brittany, Kapachino
- Relevant-ish: Indiana's Sleep Number testimonial
QUOTE OF THE SHOW:
"I think I once ate an entire bag of Fritos in my sleep... or maybe that was just an elaborate prank." - Indiana on a possible episode of Night Eating Syndrome
- Do you feel like you're getting enough sleep?
- Parents, compare: Did you sleep more in college or after having kids?
- What is the weirdest thing you've ever done in your sleep?
- Do you have vivid dreams? If so, how often?
- We have just three more weeks to try to land in New & Noteworthy on iTunes. We aren't sure how it works, but we think it's a combo of downloads, five star ratings, and written reviews on iTunes. We would still appreciate the iTunes love!
- Add Indiana on Instagram if you haven't already. It's kid photos and captions that are probably way too long to be captions but are way too short to be stand-alone blog posts.