Indiana swore she'd never homeschool. Find out how she completely changed her mind and started our four year old in his first year of home education.
At a Glance:
Subjects Jude likes learning compared to subjects Indiana likes teaching [ 10 = LOVES, 1 = DREADS]
- What is Classical Conversations? (via the CC website)
- About Classical Conversations (via the blog Half-a-Hundred Acre Wood)
- Example of Classical Conversation Timeline song (video)
- Presidents song (slideshow)
- The cutest / saddest / most adorable video ever of a kid getting ready to ride the bus to his first day of school.
- Instagram: #AdamsHomeschool: our homeschool journey. #ClassicalConversations: other CC families documenting what they're doing week to week.
- Chris recommends: In Peace or Crisis, Instruct Your Children in the Lord (via The Gospel Coalition)
- Further reading: Why More Urban Parents Are Choosing Homeschooling (via TIME, 17 Aug 2015). Homeschool Got Me In To Harvard (via Boston, cover story Sept. 2015).
- Lastly: we recognize that not all people are in a position to homeschool their children and we know it is a luxury for us to even be able to consider this option. We also trust that parents know what is best for their children and their own families and we in no way want to start a debate about public school versus homeschool. We just wanted to tell the tale of how Indiana, who was originally opposed to homeschooling, suddenly decided to homeschool our children.
- P.S. How cute is Jude on his first day of Classical Conversations community group?
Quote of the Show:
CHRIS: I would go to my class reunion, if only to show off my trophy wife.
INDIANA: Who's that?
Parents: What are some of the things you said you'd never do, but now you find yourself doing?
What are some of your perceptions (good and bad) of homeschooling families?
If you're very curious about what materials (books, learning tools, etc) we use in our house, please let us know. If people are curious, we'll do a resources post! But if you're not interested, we don't want to bore you to death.
- Our podcast is two months old now, and we are no longer on the New & Noteworthy list because we're no longer "new". We are thrilled to have been on the New & Noteworthy listing for seven of our eight weeks of eligibility, but now we face an uphill battle, getting the word out about our show. If you dig it, would you mind spreading the word?
- We'd love some feedback. Should we start including interviews? Introduce regular features? Stretch the show to a 45 minute format?
- Indiana is on Instagram and Twitter, but she's also back on Snapchat under Indiana.Adams. Let's get silly over there, too!